text-align:center;

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Scope of Intercession Meditation number 18

Christ in me...The hope of Glory.....

The Bible Says:
The first thing I want you to do is pray.  Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.  Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation.  This is the way our Savior God wants us to live.  He wants, not only us, but everyone saved, you know, everyone  to get to know the truth we've learned.
1Timothy 2:1-4   The Message Bible

In the book Love to Pray,http://bit.ly/gLheoL Alvin VanderGriend says:
"My prayers can release a blessing or bring change anywhere in the world without my moving from my chair.
If our prayers focus only on those who are nearby, we have not caught the scope of what God intends through prayer....".

In this meditation on the scope of intercession, we are asked to focus on two scenarios
  • Imagine your prayers transmitting heavenly power and blessing to people in every corner of the world.  Think of some of those people and places
  • Imagine persons experiencing the joy of being saved and coming to knowledge of the truth as a result of your prayers
As I began to ponder this and pray to be more of an intercessor, I began to think.....

I began  thinking of the Imagine No Malaria Campaign.http://bit.ly/ejtsLd

As I read the webpage, I learned that the UMC is involved in this in so many ways.  I began to think of those responsible for the direct care of administering aid to those in need because of the disease.

....and so I pray.....

Lord, in the name of  Jesus, thank you for the workers  who have left their homes and traveled to Africa to work with those effected by this disease.  Father grant them strength and resolve to continue ministering your love to your people.  In Jesus Name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for praying for those involved with Imagine No Malaria. I hope you will consider hosting a House Party or other fundraiser to help eliminate deaths from malaria in Africa.


    http://www.imaginenomalaria.org/houseparty/

    ReplyDelete