text-align:center;

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hearing from Heaven.... Meditation #23

The Bible Says.....
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me"
John 10:27

In this meditation, the writer, Dr. Alvin VanderGriend reminds his readers that :
Prayer is all about hearing our Shepherd's voice.  In fact, when we pray, its pprobably more important to listen than to speak.
I long for the voice of God in so many areas in my life.  like Eli told Samuel to say "speak Lord, for I your servant am listening"  1 Samuel 3:8-9

I want to bre as listening servant!!!!

Equally as much as I cherish the opportuntiy to talk to the Lord, I also long for the opportunity to be still before the Lord, and listen for his voice to my spirit.

This meditation reminds us, again, about intercession.  The lesson reminds us to
"Intercede for those who are not listening to God'wss Word or Spirit and as a result are straying from the truth."
As we intercede for others and listen to the voice of the Lord, may we find his peace  in our souls.......

No comments:

Post a Comment