text-align:center;

Friday, April 1, 2011

Did you know God is looking for U? Meditation Number 17



The Bible Says:
"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD."
Eziekiel 22:23-30

In this devotional, God makes it plain to Eziekiel that he is looking for someone to stand in the gap before him on behalf of Israel.  Because no such person could be found, scripture says God would have to "pour out wrath on them...."
Further study of this meditation reminds us that Moses was an intercessor interceeding for the children of Israel over and over before the Lord.
Abraham was another known intercessor in the bible.  He interceeded for his nephew Lot.

This lesson is so significant because I know so many people in my own family and neighborhood who need intercession.  I want to be a more consistent intercessor.

There are 3 points for you in this devotion
  • God governs the world through the prayers of his people.
  • In order for intercession to be effective, we must believe that our prayers as intercessors do make a difference
  • "Things will happen when we pray that wouldn't have happened if we hadn't prayed.  And things will not happen if we do not pray that would have happened if we had prayed" http://bit.ly/fh6UfA
My prayer,
God, in Jesus name, help us to remember those in our world who need prayer.  Give us grace to  lift them up before you as one friend petitions on behalf of another.  I just pray to grow in my ability to walk and talk with you more each day.   Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment