text-align:center;

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Key to Great Works Meditation #37


The Bible Says:




 "Believe me: I am in my Father and my Father is in me. If you can't believe that, believe what you see—these works. The person who trusts me will not only do what I'm doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I've been doing. You can count on it. From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I'll do it. That's how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it. Whatever you request in this way, I'll do. . 
 (John 14: 11-14, The Message)

On the surface, this seems like a preposterous thing for Jesus to say.  After all, he had preached great sermons, attracted huge crowds spoken wonderful words of wisdom, walked on water, stilled a storm, healed the sick, and raised the dead.  How could the disciples possibly do such things?

Jesus going to the Father meant that he would be given all power in heaven and on earth .  Thus  empowered he would continue his work on earth in a different way--through these disciples and through you and me!!

Their asking in his name would link him to them.  It also links us to him.
By means of prayer his power is at our disposal and we carry on our ministry today.

No comments:

Post a Comment