text-align:center;

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Intercedng for those who can't pray for themselves Meditation #19

The bible says.....
After the LORD had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has. 8So now take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your folly. You have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has.”  So Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite did what the LORD told them; and the LORD accepted Job’s prayer.
Job 42:7-9

I am digressing from my previous posts commenting on Love to Pray http://bit.ly/hC46Bn

The remarks in this post are taken from a sermon by Pastor Jeremiah Booker at Hamilton Park UMC in Dallas.  http://bit.ly/i3AX39

Dr. Booker preached a sermon reflecting Job 42:7-9 on April 2nd.  My own spiritual journey has taught me that the preached word of God is the ultimate blessing in the Body of Christ.  I take sermon notes and read them at various times during the week. I am sharing my highlighted notes from this sermon with you....

Dr. Booker made 4 points about the above scripture:
  • God uses intercessors to help those who have a need.  In this way an intercessor becomes a "friend in the middle."
  • God is generous, especially when you ask on behalf of others.  A lighthouse of prayer can be a teacher.  An individual can just walk outside and look around then begin to pray for the peace, the marraiges in their neighborhood.  "Wherever we find ourselves  it is a mission field for Christ"
  • God sends people for you to pray for them.  It is good to ask ourselves, "When God sees someone in need of prayer does he send them to us?"  In the bible verses above,  God sent Job's friends to him.  God had confidence in Job.  Job prayed for his friends, though they had heaped guilt upon him.  God will bless us when we intercede.
  • God blessed Job when he prayed for someone else.  God is calling us to intercede. 
Do you consider yourself  an intercessor?

If you begin to intercede, you will see a difference in your family.  God can transform your community.......

No comments:

Post a Comment