text-align:center;

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Prayer of Jabez Meditation #30


The Bible Says:
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!  Let your had be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.
1 Chronicles 4:10

In this awesome prayer, Dr. VanderGriend says that it appears Jabez didn't ask with the wrong motives.
He was asking to break out of his current situation to live in what  God has promised his people.

Jabez asked God for Four things....

1.  Oh that you would bless me.....God wants to bless us, but he wants to do it in response to our asking.  God was pleased with Jabez was asking and he sent his blessing.

2....and enlarge my territory...this was Jabez' prayer for the restoration  of his lost  inheritance, which God had promised for all his people.

3.  Let your hand be with me God's hand represents his ability to strengthen and his readiness to act on behalf of his people

4.  ....and keep me from harm....The greatest source of harm in this world is Satan.

The passage ends with the astounding declaration:
"And God granted his request"

What about  you church, Do you need/want these 4 things?......

I certainly do and I am willing to ask God for them in prayer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment