text-align:center;

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jehoshaphat: Victory through prayer Meditation #34


The Bible Says:

"Oh Lord God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven?  You rule over the kingdoms of the nations.  Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you..."We have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us.  We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you. " 
2Chronicles 20: 6,12

Dr. VanderGriend's discussion of this:

Jehoshaphat's prayer leadership won the day when Israel was under attack by a large coalition army of three neighboring nations.  First Jehoshaphat first called for a fast.  Serious prayer was always part of fasting.  He then lead the people in a most remarkable prayer--a prayer that acknowledged God's adequacy  and their human inadequacy

The prayer began with the words: " Power and might are in your hand" and ended with the words:"We have no power ...We do not know what to do"

Honestly, thats where I stand today in so many issues in my life.  One thing I know, my dependence is on God.  My faith is in his sovereign power over the forces of darkness in this world.

I .."lean not unto my own understanding"  but I know God is able........

No comments:

Post a Comment