text-align:center;

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Talking about how to ..... Love to Pray




This week will begin the Lenten season. I get goosebumps in anticipation of Easter. As a child, I was excited about practicing my Easter speech, getting new clothes, and celebrating Easter with my mom and my sister.






As a little girl growing up in Mississippi, I gave pennies on a collection card daily during Lent as an act of sacrifice and thanksgiving for Christs love.


As an adult, over the years, I've "given up" more things/habits than I can remember. I have failed miserably at most of these attempts.

Here I am again, trying to set aside these 40 days (excluding Sundays) before the celebration of Christ's resurrection. I'm trying again. Trying not to fail.

I have come to realize that I have to do much more than try. My trying is futile without intimacy with God. I need to pray. I need a deeper friendship with God. You see, Lent is a spiritual journey to the cross with Christ. I now know what my mama ment when she said "I wouldn't take nothin for my journey right now"

As we approach another Lenten season, I invite you, my blog-followers, to come along with me as I take this journey one more time. I will be reading the book Love to Pray by Alvin Vandergried. http://bit.ly/gtUq4M

Beginning Ash Wednesday I'll post to this blog daily (excluding Sundays) and I'd love to hear from you as to what your journey is like as well.


I have some interesting guest bloggers lined up , so together, we will see what happens.....
Check back daily beginning on Ash Wednesday to hear my testimony on the Lenten study by Alvin Vandergriend.

More to come......








2 comments:

  1. this is great im looking forward to reading your upcomimming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glinda, I look forward to following your blog as the Holy spirit leads you on your journey.
    God Bless you and yours. Love, Wanda

    ReplyDelete