text-align:center;

Monday, March 21, 2011

Asking for Ourselves Meditation #11




Alvin VanderGriend makes his point clear in this 11th Lenten Meditation.

Its ok to ask God for what you need and want.


I have been taught that when we come to God we ought to first come thanking him. Thanking him for who he is, what hes done, for his soverign power, his grace, his mercy, his love (I could go on and on and on about his goodness.)


Dr. VanderGriend says:

"The Lord invites us to come with a consciousness of our sin asking for mercy not to receive the punishment we really deserve. He invites us to come with a consciousnes of our needs, asking for grace that we receive what we do not seserve. "


My prayer:

Heavenly father, I come boldly to ask for you rspirit of peace on myself and my family. God endow us with the power of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment