text-align:center;

Friday, March 11, 2011

Celebrate God!! Lenten Meditation Day 3




Celebrate: to honor and praise publicly....

Can you describe the best celebration you've ever had. Really. I'm talking wild, crazy fun. Laughing, cheering, whooping, jumping, clapping, singing and dancing...real fun...

Can you celebrate God this way?

Our meditation for today focused on such a celebration. Celebration of God is recognizing him for who he is. Loving him for who he is .... Just loving on God...Asking for nothing.....
When we do this, we are giving God the only thing we really can give him that's our love and respect. God has everything and everything belongs to him. When we tithe, we are not giving to God we are giving BACK a portion of that which has been given to us.

I admit that its hard for me to spend time with God without petitioning him for something.
When I'm in His presence, I find myself feeling needy and dependent.

In Love to Pray http://tinyurl.com/6zxblyj the writer suggests talking to God about his magnificence. He suggests 4 strategies for celebrating God

  1. Praise God by telling him five things you especially appreciate about him
  2. Ask God to help you see his majestic splendor and truly love him
  3. thank God for revealing his Glory and for giving you reson to boast about him
  4. Confess if there has been little heartfelt praise for God in your life
Right now, I am reflecting on God's faithful healing power. My sister had a cerebral aneurism.
She had surgery on Wednesday. This evening she is sitting at her home talking to me by phone and waiting to read this blog!! When I think of God I think of how faithful he is....How marvelous, how majestic, how awesome...how I thank him for my sister!!!

Tomorrow's meditation asks: "Does God need our prayers?"

What do you think? I have a great guest blogger lined up......

No comments:

Post a Comment