text-align:center;

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Coming Before the Throne of Grace.....




Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence , so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

This scripture is for the 5th day of the Lenten season. Our church family is involved in a study on prayer as part of our celebration of the season of Lent. http://bit.ly/gNiYVz

In the discussion of the Throne of Grace Dr. VanderGriend talks about standing in the presence of God to pray. The writer of the study uses the translation with the term confidence ... There is another translation using the word BOLDNESS.

I like the King James Version of this same scripture...

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

I like the way the writer of 40 days of prayer addresses this issue. http://bit.ly/gtUq4M He points out that we really don't deserve to enter into God's presence because of sin. Christ has paid the price for our sins allowing us to be acceptable to God. So, we can ....not only come to the Throne of Grace but come Boldly!!!!

Personally I need this word..I need this for issues in my life that I have given up on...

I need this reminder of boldness in order to intercede for the needs of my family and friends.

I stand reminded after reading today's meditation that this Throne of Grace that I'm invited to is not a throne of judgement but a throne of Grace.

Today in this very hour, standing in the presence of God.... In the great Throne Room...................
What do you need to boldly bring to God?

Cancer?
unemployment?
addiction?
pain?
abandonment?
divorce?

Bring them to the Throne of Grace, and lay them there, knowing that God is able.....

Amen

I love old hymns........








1 comment:

  1. Jesus is the healer earth has no sorrow that heaven can not heal.

    ReplyDelete