text-align:center;

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Living Prayerfully..... Meditation #22

The Bibler Says....

Pray Continually
1Thessalonians 5:17

"Is any one of you in trouble?  He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise"
James 5:13


As a wife and  mother who works outside of my home, I often feel deprived of time alone.  I sometimes find myself looking  forward to those moments when I am not answering to someone's needs or wants or answering some question or solving some problem or dilema.

When I say I want time alone, what I really want is time with God.  I long to be alone with the Lord and just reflect or just fellowship with him. I often long for time to share with  him things on my heart that  really matter.  There is an intimacy in those times that can't be explained.

I learned this "continuous" conversation with God as a teenager when my mom died.  I started talking to the Lord in my mind.  I started sharing my hurt, my pain, my longing for my mom with the Lord.   As time went on, I found myself sharing my joy and the ordinary feelings  and thoughts in my life.

In this week's meditation the writer talks about "prayer triggers"......  those things, places and situations that prompt us to pray.    For me, these are many places. 

I can't define all of the situations that cause me to pray, but I do know that conversation with God comes natural for me. 

One thing I know for sure.....

When I pass from this life to the next, I expect to do so in conversation with God.......

No comments:

Post a Comment